Thursday 21 November 2013

Email Marketing: The best marketing tool?

Is Email Marketing the best marketing tool?

Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.

We receive emails everyday, and most of them we choose to ignore, so its usually a case of whether the brand has targeted the product they are trying to sell to the individuals and enticed the reader to want to read their offer. 




I went through my own emails and looked for ones that would jump out at me and usually what we want is it to get straight to the point. An example I found was a Cadbury Email: 

In this Email it can be seen that the company has seemed to write to me personally by adding my name at the beginning. It has chosen to make the Email as simple as possible and also given directions of what to do once you have clicked the link.



Once I clicked the link it took me to this landing page. This page is very easy to understand and has easy step by step instructions what to do to claim my free coupon for the chocolate bar. In many cases of poor Email marketing the landing page has nothing to do with the actual email, and usually takes the individual to the homepage. 




To conclude whether Email marketing is the best marketing tool, it can be seen that in the scenario given in this blog it is a very powerful tool, seeing as I would never had been on the Cadbury website to try their chocolate if they hadn't emailed me this promotional offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment